My First 5K

Back in June, I decided to commit myself to running... and sticking with it, which is the hard part.  I've done surprisingly well considering my track record of running consistently for two weeks and calling it good 🙈

I've been consistently running 4-5 times a week somewhere between 3-7 miles with each run. I have forever known in my mind that I'm going to regret not doing at least a half marathon at some point in my life... and Lord knows it ain't getting any easier.  I haven't necessarily committed to doing a half marathon at this point, but when I saw that there was a 5k at Nissan Stadium this upcoming Saturday, I knew who I could count on to run it with me!

My girl, Sara :)

Sara has done all the races - the half, the full, countless 5Ks and all the stuff in between... and has committed to a lifetime of running, which she has maintained for decades now. She is also the mama of Aiden, who happens to be a badass runner and one of Sam's best friends.  

Goals.



So I found myself at Nissan Stadium on August 19th running in my very first official 5K race.


Richie and Luke came out to watch... and since they were doing that, we entered Luke in a Fun Run for Kids.

My goal was to do it in under 9 minutes a mile... ideally, under 26 minutes overall...


End result was an 8:41 min/mile average for a total of 26:58.  
I was very satisfied with the results...

Oh, and I happened to get first place "in my age group" (of which Sara is not yet a member!) 😂
Didn't even have that on my radar.. but I'll take it! 


And Luke also got first place in his age group!  



It was a good day for the Hatcher crew!


 Hoping for this to be the first of many official races.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!