"Be amazed by ... the sky"

Following the shut down of all live music in 2020 and 2021, I indulged like a junkie in 2022... bought tickets to shows near and far to help recover from the loss of it in the prior years.  This included tickets to see Brandi out at Red Rocks. 

On a whim, I invited my new friend, Sara, to join me. Without knowing Brandi much at all... and really without knowing me much at all either, Sara was all in!  Two days in Boulder and a bucket list night at Red Rocks.

I kept a close eye on the weather leading up to the trip...  Summary of what I was seeing was essentially "70 and gorgeous every day before the concert. 70 and gorgeous every day after the concert. Rainy and 40 day of the concert."  Fantastic! 😕

So we bundled up and made our way in.

My gosh. This. Never. Gets. Old.

The Indigo Girls opened up for her, which made it extra lovely... "Power of Two" has always been one of my most favorites.  I adore how much homage Brandi pays to her heroes and those that have influenced her throughout her life. It's endearing to see that she hasn't lost that over the years.


While it certainly got colder and colder as the night went on, it was the most magical night to experience. At some point, the clouds thinned out and cleared enough to reveal the most spectacular full moon hanging over the stage.

I am so completely in awe of the moon. Few things in life make me happier than when she shows up in a big way in the most beautiful spaces.


Brandi ended the night singing "Stay Gentle," during which she sings: 

Don't let 'em lower your shoulder, love them more while they try

Grow younger while you're growing older.... be amazed by... The Sky

Pausing with perfection and, again, paying homage to the miracles around us.


It was the most perfect night. My soul is officially full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!