A Brandi Fan is Born

So excited to have one of my most favorite people on the planet come with me to see one of my most favorite people on the planet perform in Nashville.

Marie, meet Brandi. 
Brandi, meet Marie.

I think you will love each other.

It was hot.. and humid... and sweaty... when we first got there.  If I've learned anything in life, I've learned that the way you look right now in the humidity is the very best you're gonna look the rest of the evening...  so against Marie's will, I took the first picture (above) as early in the evening as possible...    

And while a gentle breeze did make for a gorgeous evening, those balmy summer nights still take a toll on a girl's hair!  The videos tell it all.

 
But Lord, we had a fricking fabulous time!

I was as awestruck as always just seeing my girl perform... and I don't recall laughing this hard in years... I swear!

In typical Brandi and Nashville fashion, we got to see a few stars...  

That's Wynonna Effing Judd right there, my loves 💜💜💜

Marie and I both LOVED Wynonna back in the 90's.. "No One Else On Earth,"  "My Strongest Weakness," "To Be Loved By You,"...  I could go on and on...

They sang "Love is Alive"
And it was perfection

Love is alive 
At the breakfast table 
Every day of the week
Love is alive 
And it grows every day and night
Even in our sleep
Love is alive


AND standing about 30 feet from us during the entire show was Catherine Carlile, Brandi's wife.   I was seriously beside myself.  

I think I've convinced myself that I actually know these people and they are as excited to see me as I am to see them 😎

The show was amazing, as always.

The fun continued after...  as Marie and I made our way out of the venue and through a few streets in Nashville...
And into a couple parking garages.

We laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
Marie had everything under control!
And as the story goes, our Uber driver showed up promptly after these videos and got us home safely. Thank God for that.

It was the most beautiful evening. 

I sometimes struggle to find the right words to describe experiences and moments that are so exquisite that I forget my feet are touching the ground... those times when you get to leave everything behind and only pay attention to the here and now... and the here and now is simply perfect.  

This was one of those times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!