Southern Brother from another Mother

 

This is me...  
Me and my best friend, Jed.
Jed isn't just any ole kinda best friend... he's the kind of best friend that I believe can only come from someone bigger than all of us... 

How else do you explain our parents choosing to buy houses right next to each other before we were even born?  And then..us being born just 3 months apart? And us both loving Minecraft... and the Vols... and super heroes... and baseball... and dogs... and candy... and Santa Claus... and birthday cake? And we both have a special knack for face planting and scraping up our left cheek... I mean, the SAME cheek!

I may not know much, but I know that friendships like this don't just happen without at least a little divine intervention.  

Even when we were little babies, we knew.
We were always trying to find a way to get to each other.
Oddly enough, our parents seemed to always be hanging out in the driveway... which made for plenty of time for us to run around like little crazy people.
Halloween has always been one of our most favorite days of the whole year... candy, costumes, lots of people all around. 
Jed and I still make sure to always stay side by side.




We spend lots of other holidays together too... like Easter...  
... which is always a good time.


I mean, until they bring the creepy Easter bunny out and scare the bejesus out of us!

(Side note: Jed and I weren't even born yet when this picture was taken... It's Jed's older brother, Hayes... but I KNOW we felt the same way about that bunny!)

Christmas...
Birthdays...




We even got to watch the solar eclipse together!  I know, right?
It came right over Knoxville...
Jed's grandparents live on this really cool farm, and they invited us over so we could all see it together.
It turned into night time, right in the middle of the day...  


I mean, it was super cool....
But every day is super cool when you have a best friend like Jed.


We even support each other in baseball

Well...I mean, most of the time.


I think the coolest thing about us is that we really really love to just pal around.





And it doesn't even matter if we are in Knoxville... or Franklin... or somewhere in between... 


From far away or right next door, he is my best buddy through and through.

And that's extra special... because sometimes when you're the youngest kid and you have two teenaged brothers, you get kinda tired of body odor and bad moods.
It makes me extra thankful to know I've got Jed on my side.





My mom told me that psychologists say that if a friendship lasts longer than 7 years, it will last a lifetime... which means we're all set. 

And that's the best news I've heard all year.  

Not that I ever had a doubt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!