Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too...

I'm actually writing these posts three months following our vacation (life gets busy sometimes!)... so as I'm writing them, I'm reflecting on my thoughts and feelings of this trip.  I gotta tell you, of all the beautiful smiles and incredible memories I've been able to see again, the thing that keeps tugging at my heart is these sunsets.
Every night.  The sun sets. It just does. 
It casts these incredible colors across the horizon, across the water... and it's different every night. And whether we stop to watch it or not, it continues to create these breathtaking works of art.

It's just absolutely stunning.
I stand in awe of it as it's happening, and then the pictures just make me feel it all over again.

We had the additional fortune of being there during a full moon... oh my gosh..it's just too much for this girl's heart to handle... the sun would set in the west as the moon was rising in the east...in all her perfection... You could stand in one spot and just turn your head to see them both painting the sky.. The pictures... they try to tell the story... but it was better than this and more than this and ... just everything.  So breathtaking.





I mean, what is this?  Look how different this is from all other nights.. The way the light casts across the sky.. I. Can't. Even.

My cooperative baby boys who have to comply with all my picture taking 😀
And Richie...  just doing Richie... peeing at sunset...  ðŸ™ˆ

We made a point to not be out to dinner, or anywhere else, at sunset.. we had a perfect view from our own place and didn't want to miss out on all its splendor


To think, the same thing (but different) happened there tonight... and last night... and every night since we've been there.  It's just perfect.













This last picture is actually not the sunset... it's the sunrise.  This is a picture of the southern sky, and the dock where all the fishing magic happened. It was the morning that we left to come home.  
Always a bittersweet feeling... wrapping up a perfect week of memories...  and there's that beautiful moon still watching over us...  This is what dreams are made of, I swear.

"Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under"
~ C. JoyBell C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!