Springtime in DBO

 

It's difficult to describe how gratifying it has been to see my plants and flowers come to life year after year during the spring. I have found such peace and happiness just strolling around our backyard admiring God's work.
It came with an entirely different feeling this year, knowing it was the last year I could call it mine... knowing I would be passing off the love and sweat to someone else, only hoping they will be willing to give it a little care to keep it looking so lovely.
Our newly planted Coral Bark Japanese Maple
And my beloved trillium
Sweet little friendships also blossom again in the springtime... after spending a few months tucked away for the winter, these kiddos find such joy in each other as they have full freedom to roam amongst the yards of the Swathmore Court cul-de-sac.

This year, they all got to be quarantine buddies... with no school for a few months, allowing for even MORE time to just be kids


Sara would spend hours walking from window to window just waiting for someone to invite her along to play
A little chalk art to bring the neighborhood to life


These moments... this freedom... this comfort and familiarity... and pure innocence...  I wish I could bottle it up and savor it forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!