Escape to Reality

Never in the history of ever have I regretted making a game time decision to go away on a trip and escape to reality...  the reality of my life, and my people, and all the things that matter most to me.
Sunsets on the beach.
Smiles on the faces of boys.

Freedom and pure joy for doggies. 

 Endless trails of memories.

And time together... away from all the other stuff that we create that just gets in the way of our reality.


 Game time decision this year was to go to Hilton Head for a few days over New Years. 
 Best. Decision. Ever.
My head has been foggy, in ways that are hard to explain. 
It may be age. 
It could be mid-life moments of doubt. 
It's most likely work and the stress and ridiculousness of all that. 

And most of all, I'm sure it's really the combination of all those things.  
Regardless, during this holiday break it took me more than a week to recover from whatever all that was, and to finally find some peace.
 I found it in the sand ... on the bike trails... and with my people on an island in the Atlantic Ocean.
It was our first time going to Hilton Head... I've wanted to go for a while, but I think I've purposely avoided it just because it is so populated and well known... Even though people I know and love describe it as charming and spectacular.

My two cents... It was a breath of fresh air when I needed it the most. The bike trails are a dream. The restaurants are spectacular. The sunsets are breathtaking... And my heart was happy.
I've grown to love beaches in the winter - possibly even more than summertime. There is something about the escape that is so incredibly relaxing... And something about being on the beach without the pains of bathing suits, sunscreen, towels, and heat... It's really just lovely.
These two pictures... 

One with smiles and safety glasses hiding all the years....
And the other one... with all the lines... telling a better story of who we are.
 

Sam, Luke, and I were able to spend a day together while daddy and Charlie went golfing.
We biked our way to Harbour Town to see the lighthouse and have some lunch and ice cream.
Sam is notorious for sneezing during pictures - something about the smiling and the sun that triggers him :) Always makes for a good laugh!


 Luke is notorious for copping a feel whenever he can 😏 Gotta love him for his innocence 😂



Love this party of 5.

Hilton Head - You brought this girl back to life... and for that you'll forever stand out as being one of my favorites 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!