Bucket List

As I think about the experiences I've had in my life, I feel incredibly blessed. 

I don't have a lengthy bucket list, simply because I believe the quality of our life is measured more by our every day world than by the extravagances in which we indulge... 

That being said...

Dogsledding...  I know, right?   It's the exception...

It's been on the short list for as long as I can remember.

It's been an extravagance worth indulging in....  So we made it a part of our snowy Christmas trip!
 Look at these beautiful babies...



 It was a very cool experience.  Everyone in the family had an opportunity to be the musher, leading the dogs down the trail.  We went up trails and down trails, around big curves, etc.  We all took turns, which made for a fun hour with the dogs.



 From front to back, left to right, we were led by Olof, Chicken, Naomi, Leroy, Mars, Tiger, Cassie, and Busah.  The smartest, most disciplined dogs in the front - the strongest dogs in the back.

 I was proud of Sam and Charlie... they seemed to fully appreciate the depth of the experience. I have no doubt they will remember it forever. Luke will have pictures :)






We were able to start our trip and end our trip playing with the dogs...  By the end, they were all going a little crazy because they knew food was waiting!

The experience was everything I hoped it would be. I was so glad we all had an opportunity to guide the sled. I know this made for a special event for the kids.

And today, we are left with all these spectacular memories.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!