A Day to Remember

When I reflect on my life, there are certain moments that stand out... Moments that have become surreal because they were either so perfect, or because I've embellished on them so much that they turned into a scene from a movie.

There was a day from 10 years ago that has become this in my mind. 

We went on a hike. 

The boys were little - in fact, Charlie was so little that he was bundled up in a blue snowsuit that barely allowed him to move, and he laid flat on an orange sled that Richie pulled.  People passing by couldn't help but laugh.

Sam was a toddler and he and I had pretend snowball fights and laughed as we bounced behind the other two. 

It's on video... Richie walked peacefully pulling Charlie in the snow... no ankle pain to think of, because it was 4 months prior to that new reality.  The video has music playing over it.  I can watch it and feel the perfection of that day.

So this time, we took the scenic drive overlooking the town of Breckenridge to find our hike and do it again.







 Of course, no babies in sleds and no toddlers giggling, but it was still breathtaking.  The views. The sky. The sunshine. The temperature. The boys played. We walked and talked. It was lovely reliving it in our current phase of life. 




 I found gorgeous pictures every which way I turned.








 And my boys were still just being boys...  all 4 of them.



It's days like this that I hope flash in my mind during my final moments on earth. They are worth all the struggles and stress the rest of life can bring...  

It felt like I had been waiting for this moment for all my life just to exhale... one more time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!