Glamping with My Boys

 There are moments that arise when life tells me I just need to get away... clear my head, soothe my soul, and remind myself that the story of our lives is a compilation of experiences, thoughts, feelings, and relationships.  I do my best to purposefully build these things into our daily lives - not only because I want my kids to look back on their childhood with the fondest of memories and I want them to grow up to have adventurous souls, but also just because I need it.
 This time we used a couple days of the boys' fall break and went on a "Glamping" adventure at a new canvas resort in Wears Valley. It's only been open for two weeks...  we lucked out stumbling upon this little gem.    We stayed in the "Stargazer" and had the adjacent hive (teepee) for the boys...
 The Stargazer has plexiglass over the head of the king size bed to give a view of the nighttime sky ...  amazing...! (in theory...)  Condensation and terrible vision (without contacts) was the reality - but it honestly didn't matter a bit.  
We happened to stay the first night of the fall that temperatures began to drop... so it was chilly and lovely, everything need for a good night under the stars.
The wee little ones couldn't bring themselves to sleep in the hive next to us - so they slept on the floor in our room... which was just fine with me... How could I deny those little mummies?
We even had our own shower, sink, and toilet...  This is so my kind of camping!

They had corn hole and other outdoor games for us to enjoy, a restaurant on site that serves amazing dinners and breakfasts... and even a well fed stray dog that stole my kids' hearts... Bagel, Tubby, and several other names were given to him while we were there. He happily responded to all of them.

 Luke was all about doing some glamour shots...so me and my big girl camera decided to eat him up!

And then some daddy and Charlie love too...
And my sweet Sam...
 We even took a few minutes to do selfies with mommy while we were lounging around...





 Be still my heart...


 ... and then some more with my whole crew.  My heart is so full.

 I am an incredibly lucky girl
 Richie and I were walking out of the restaurant / lobby area (which is also under canvas, by the way)... and stumbled upon this...  Apparently, our child decided to sign the guest book :)    Just so everyone knows, Luke was here!

We've had some great family adventures, and this one certainly did not disappoint...  Catharsis for my soul ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!