Norris Lake

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who grew up making the greatest of memories on a pontoon boat in the summertime on Norris Lake...
It seems it is a natural tendency for us parents to try to recreate the happy memories of our own childhood and live them again through our kids


 I was fortunate enough to have that opportunity this summer 
 I have countless memories of being on a pontoon boat with my aunts, uncles, and cousins on the beautiful Norris Lake... in fact, if I was asked to list my top 3 childhood memories, this would make the list...
 It was pure joy watching my kids enjoy in the same experience



There were smiles and laughter the whole day through..




And I was perfectly present while also reflecting on the many weekend days on this beautiful lake decades ago that were so influential and formative in my life






It's comforting to see that some things can stay the same, completely untouched, generation after generation...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!