LeConting it in the Cold


So, I got a little too eager for my annual hike up Mt. LeConte with Sam and Charlie this year.  I sent us up the mountain in March... when it was way too cold to be climbing up 7,000 feet...
 



 Flat Stanley got to join us on this trip... he helped keep the mood light when we were all freezing our bottoms off.

 Sam and Charlie were troopers as always.
 We sang our song about "...always keep hiking and never give up!"
 We passed gloves around since we were a little short on supplies... but overflowing with love :)
 There was a gas heater inside the lodge... we all sat around it and thawed off for about 30 minutes while we ate our lunch.
Another 6,493 feet in the bag!


Sadly, I was kinda glad to see this one come to an end. It was pretty cold and miserable the whole way...  Next year, I will choose our day more wisely!  Still love these guys for being my happy hiking buddies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!