Anyway, back to the story here…
Around the holidays, cooking is inevitable. And when I host, I typically go all out and make fun new recipes that most people seem to enjoy (or at least they pretend to enjoy, possibly out of pity). Now, when I'm not hosting, but rather just contributing a dish or two to another host's event, I pride myself on being a one-trick-pony. I will take the same dish to every single party we attend. Day-after-day. Event-after-event. The same ole dish. It's one of my tactics in reducing holiday stress.
So, this year, at Christmas time, my dish was Grape Salad. I used it for at least four holiday parties. I actually purchased 12 pounds of grapes in one visit to Kroger… 12 POUNDS!
One of my most special friends (who happens to love baking for me :) has for a long time been asking to see a blogpost on my famous Grape Salad recipe… So finally, it's here! It's extremely complicated, so make sure you pay very close attention!
2 lbs green seedless grapes
2 lbs red seedless grapes
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
1 cup brown sugar, packed, to taste
1 cup crushed pecans, to taste
1. Wash and stem grapes - set aside (I know… I know… it's tricky… hang with me here)
2. Mix sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla by hand until blended
3. Stir grapes into mixture (this was the part when I thought… "Oh crap! I'm supposed to be taking pictures of this!")
4. Pour mixture into a pretty serving bowl :)
5. For topping: Combine brown sugar and crushed pecans
6. Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely
7. Chill overnight (or for the 15 minutes you have remaining before you need to leave, so you can predictably show up 30 minutes late for the party!)
8. Voila! A delicious grape salad.
9. Wake up tomorrow and repeat... for holiday party number 2!