Objects of My Affection

I started and ended last week in a rather foul mood. More frustrating than whatever I was working through in my mind, was the fact that I didn't even know what I was trying to work through… just felt irritable. 
  
I figure, I'm a woman and it's my prerogative. Right?
  
Great news though! After many sighs, growls, scratches, and bites at those I love the most, I've been able to pull myself out of it! They're all a little scarred now, but I feel much better :)

I'm not sure exactly what pulled me out of my funk, but here are a few of the objects that were a part of my weekend that continue to make soul smile. I think they may have had something to do with it.

My very own mushroom land!!
I found this magical mushroom at my new favorite store in Knoxville, Sweet Pea (oh the treasures there just waiting to be discovered…!), and the sweethearts have welcomed this little beauty into their world.

I just love her. Every time I gaze over in her direction, I think about what must be going on beneath her. Gnomes, fairies… a whimsical land of happiness and magic.

The other treasure I picked up from Miss Dee at Sweet Pea is this old farmhouse window. 

Hmm…  

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it was screaming my name and I couldn't leave without it. 

Maybe I'll hang it in my house and post pictures of cows, horses, and pastures behind it so I can pretend I have my own farmhouse…

Or maybe not.

In the back of my mind, I've no doubt Mr. Agrestic and myself are going to turn this into a very cool piece of furniture… somehow… someway.


And this is some cute kid I picked up, here posing in front of the random farmhouse window (possibly slightly bruised from the wrath I spoke of earlier).

Caprese Salad… ah the beloved Caprese Salad.
I was inspired by The Pioneer Woman to make a Caprese Salad. 
A divine mixture of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, olive oil, balsamic reduction (or in my case balsamic vinagrette… the reduction appeared way too complicated for my novice cooking ability), salt, and pepper. My tummy starts wiggling every time I look at this picture. 


My new favorite bottle of wine.
Shared with my sweetheart next to a fire, with peanut 1 and peanut 2 running around. 
It was only 93 degrees outside… so we figured we'd warm things up a bit with a nice toasty fire, and 4 giant citronella torches sealing in the heat.
It was pure magic!
So happy to be out of my funk, and to have new inspirational objects of affection hanging around the Agrestic Family Abode.

Comments

  1. Love that the funk is gone.
    Love that you have found a new inspirational shop for some good ol' retail therapy.
    Love that you were inspired to sit by a fire with your sweetheart in this heat wave.
    But, mostly love that P-dub has inspired you to cook! Hallelujah :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!