Two Loves Collide

By now I'm sure it's quite apparent that I have a bit of a love affair going on with my plants. You may also know that I'm in complete awe of the power and beauty God shines on us every day, every month, and every season through Mother Nature.

Well, this week, those two loves had a rather large collision. God spoke to us, and we all heard him loud and clear.

This was the pile of hail that was dropped outside our front door.


As you can see, the hail is nearly the same size as a golf ball - and there are hundreds of reports of hail much larger than this.

This is my driveway - it looked like it had just snowed outside. I've never seen anything like it!

Fascinating? Yes. 
A little scary? Definitely.
Destructive? Beyond belief.

And our damage is minuscule in comparison to the thousands of people who suffered real losses.  

When it was all said and done, our backyard looked like a salad bowl. 
The sweethearts on the hill took a huge hit. Here are some before and after shots.

Remember the brother hosta who was showing off to his tattered twin sister?

This is what's left of him. His sister is laughing her leaves off.


Here is one of my large hostas, healthy and strong...

Aaaaand… not so much

And my gorgeous Virginia Blue Bells….

…. yeah, that's them!

Coral Bells before...

And After.

And my beloved hydrangeas happily in bloom

Not a bloom to be found.
Though my heart is definitely saddened by what has become of my love and hard work outside, the damage suffered by us is truly nothing in comparison to what others are experiencing right now as a result of these storms.

Keep them in your prayers tonight and every night.

Comments

  1. Guess we have been on the same wavelength :) I took the same hail pictures Wednesday night, and yesterday I photographed an "after" shot of my johnny jump-ups in my mossy pot that a dear friend gave to me :D A wonderful post, and a good reminder to pray for those who have been hit so much harder than we have. This made me smile, and laugh my leaves off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I totally mourned for your little sweethearts on the hill the day after the storm! Sorry to see they took such a hit! I know your camera will be ready to capture their renewal in the coming weeks ... Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of them Sarah :) Loved the pics of your clean up efforts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In That Space

Peak 8 and Carter Park

Charlie learns to swim!!!